Friday, October 21, 2005

Blessings


Today is our last day in China and so we took Lydia to the Buddist Temple to be blessed by the monks. The temple is well over 1000 years old and our guide took us around and explained many of the rituals going on as we waited to have Lydia blessed. While I realize that Lydia had no idea what was going on, I felt it was important she receive this last gift from her birthland. China is a beautiful place that has given us so much. And as I pay my respects to this land that gave birth to my daughter I feel it is also important to pay my respects to those individuals who helped Russell and I give birth to our dream of being a family. Mom & Dad Graham and Uncle Mike Trask we thank you...Xie Xie from the Schneider FAMILY.

Until we meet again in America...I say goodnight...our story will continue once we are finally home.

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Have a safe, comfortable, flight! You'll be reading this when you're home so...... WELCOME HOME, LYDIA!!

Friday, October 21, 2005 10:48:00 AM  
Blogger OziMum said...

Hi Lissa & Russell...and of course Lydia! Your Lydia is just gorgeous- she is so tiny! Have a safe trip home guys, glad the blogs up and running again! Take care Lee-Anne (ozilee)

Monday, October 24, 2005 4:15:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home