Sunday, April 09, 2006

Hold me closer "Tiny Dancer"



Lydia loves music. She loves to dance. Lydia loves to move. She isn't a big talker yet...still less than 10 words...she prefers to communicate with her body. She has signs that mean all sorts of different things...and these are all signs she taught us. We didn't do the baby sign language thing...but I really wish we had, because I think she'd be "talking" up a storm if we had.

Here she is outside requesting something. This sign means "Mommy please sing to me". She really likes "Itsy Bitsy Spider" and that's where this particular sign came from. She knows all the movements and does them all as I sing. But Itsy Bitsy is usually just where I get started! We move on to other songs with movement quickly, so she can dance and play.




"Twinkle twinkle little star..."




"His name is my name too..."




"Can you point your fingers and do the twist?"




Our "Tiny Dancer" doing what she does best!

1 Comments:

Blogger Yoli said...

Love the pictures! Specially the last one which is blurry, very artistic.

Yoli

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:37:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home