Thursday, December 29, 2005

Trying to stay grounded


My daughter is a charmer. People like her. She smiles at everybody and waves. Complete strangers will comment on her personality and her sweetness. I beam in pride and say thank you. She takes all this in stride...I however am starting to get a big head. I don't want to be one of those parents who thinks their kid is perfect. I don't want to be blinded by her cuteness and her charm. I want to keep both feet planted firmly on the ground and see her for who she is but I'm losing the battle. I fear she's charmed me too and I am completely at her mercy. Oh well...

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Ah heck, you might as well not fight it! Truth is, she IS all those things you say she is!

I always feel sorta weird saying "thank you" after someone pays Gwen a compliment since I really haven't done anything to contribute to her charm. She lucked out with good genes for beauty and personality and the SWI treated her very well and that's got to be a huge reason why she's such a happy, inquisitive baby. But I still smile and say "thank you" anyway! :)

I love seeing Liddy's cute face on your blog. She's one of my favorites!

Donna
Super Proud Mommy to Gwen of Shenzhen!

Thursday, December 29, 2005 10:32:00 AM  
Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

Admit it Lissa...we're all suckered in by our child's charms...heehee...I admit it - I sure am! By the way, loved your Christmas card!!

~Karen

Friday, December 30, 2005 9:01:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Lisa, you waiting a long time to be a mommy and you deserve to have a big head! You can't help it if Lily is a little charmer ;) Just enjoy this time with her!

Donna :)

Saturday, December 31, 2005 7:21:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home