Tuesday, August 22, 2006

Someday's being a mommy is really tough

A little boy bit Lydia's face. Tore a chunk right out of her cheek. Not huge, but big enough...about the size of a pencil eraser. The doctor said as long as it doesn't get infected it shouldn't scar, but we have to keep a close watch on it as bites from humans are more dangerous than bites from animals.

I wanted to cry and scream when I saw her. She had blood all over her shirt and her face was swollen until about an hour ago. But I had to keep calm cause she's already freaked out because a little boy knocked her over and pinned her down simply because she had a cookie (it was hers) and he tried to take it from her when his was gone and she wouldn't give hers up.

The daycare is freaking out big time. They say they've never had anything like this happen, and while I believe them their repeated apologies don't make her face any better.

Russell is mad, I'm upset...and Lydia, well she's tough...my tough little girl who keeps pointing to her face and saying boo boo over and over and insists we put bandaids all over her body, but who won't let another child near her.

Me, I'm a mess.

5 Comments:

Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

I am so sorry that this has happened to you and Lydia!

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 9:54:00 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Madeline said...

Poor baby. I don't even have words of comfort I just hope the boo boo goes quickly and there is no long term remembrance of the incident.

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 2:21:00 PM  
Blogger Susan said...

Poor baby....Sounds like you've done well at keeping it together. Band-aid away...whatever makes it feel better. Hopefully all will be well soon.

Susan

Wednesday, August 23, 2006 5:22:00 PM  
Blogger Trixie said...

Holy Crap. What a little thug! Someone needs to teach that little brute about manners and better ways to deal with his frustration. Let's all go out and find his parents and take their cookies away...yeah yeah...

(everyone else was posting so nicely that I thought I would express another opinion)

*heehee*

I love that she stood her ground and refused to give up the cookie. No one should ever try to take a cookie from a lady! It's bad form and dangerous. If her hands had not been full of cookie goodness, I am sure she would have taught him a lesson.

I hope there's no emotional scar. I wouldn't want her to hate cookies now! Cookies are very important later in life. They help you deal with so many of life's issues.

I hope I made you smile with this post :) Take a deep breath.

Thursday, August 24, 2006 1:19:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so sorry. Poor baby. I hope the parents of that little boy made him apologize to her.
Take care, Lin

Thursday, August 24, 2006 3:13:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home