Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Shattered


So Russell was really excited about picking Lydia up at daycare the other day. He shared this with me enthusiastically. I smiled and asked him why. He shared with me how he was looking forward to seeing her and being able to say to people...I have to go pick my daughter up. And this made perfect sense to me because getting to do anything where you say you have a daughter is uber cool!
Anyway...the time came and he got her. Then I came home a few minutes later and I asked him...so was it everything you thought it was going to be?
And he made this little dissappointed face and said "No...it wasn't as much fun as I thought it would be."
Why not? I asked.
And Russell said. "When I come home she kicks and coos and says Dada Dada. I just figured if I came home to wonderful, it was going to be even more wonderful to pick her up. Instead she whines and tries to make me feel bad for leaving her."
I smiled and told him I understood, but deep down I was really happy. Because when I came home I got the kicky feet, cooey, Mamama Mamama child. FINALLY!!! (HEE HEE!!)

1 Comments:

Blogger Family Bits said...

hehe....thats too cute!

I never thought about it, but yeah, saying anything about anything involving my daughter is definitely going to be uber cool!

Wednesday, November 30, 2005 9:50:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home