Sunday, November 20, 2005

Who will have a rougher time??


Well, this is it...my official maternity leave is over. I have two days of classes this week and then the Thankgiving holiday kicks in. At first I had decided to just take Liddy into work with me for my classes. Pretty much just hold my classes and then go home. My boss knew this was my plan and he was totally cool about it. (Have I said recently I have a really good boss? My work has been uber-supportive at all levels including the Provost's office so no complaints at all there!) Anyway, I thought better of it, and though it was too late to get her in for Tuesday they do have room for her on Monday at daycare. So tomorrow is her first full day of daycare. We've been taking her in 2-3 times a week for an hour or so at a time to get her used to the idea...and to get me used to the idea as well. She's not happy about going to daycare, but she's happy being at daycare. So I think she'll transition pretty well...as for mommy I have no idea. I'm getting teary just writing this. Since Oct. 11th 2005 that little girl has not been away from me and I'm dreading tommorrow. In some ways it's exciting. Lydia is a very very clingy child who gives me very little space. I will be able to go to the bathroom alone! I will be able to get up and get a drink of water without the draama of a child wailing because I dared to stand up in her presence. I will get to sit on furniture!! But the flip side is that little smile won't light up the room whenever I touch her nose or make a silly face. I won't hear constant babble in the background and I won't see her dance whenever there is a sound that even vaguely resembles music. (She dances to the sound of the computer connecting to the internet!! She loves sound a music that much!) So again...who will it be who breaks first tomorrow, me or Liddy. I'm taking bets now...but personally I'm betting against myself.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a beautiful picture of a very happy/content baby!!

Sunday, November 20, 2005 7:23:00 PM  
Blogger Bonnie, Clyde, Bubba Jr. & Charleigh-Jo said...

Good luck tomorrow! I'll be thinking about you!

B
http://www.blsthomas.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 20, 2005 9:06:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home