Friday, January 13, 2006

Vans


Mommy loves her Vans ALOT. I wear them all the time. They were one of two pairs of shoes I took with me to China and they were definately the pair I wore the most. My students think my Vans make me cool. My co-workers think my Vans make me quirky. When I found the "Baby Vans" I went nuts and bought 2 pair--one in a size she could wear now and one for later. They are expensive shoes and my usually very frugal hubby was extremely generous because, well...he is. He knows how much I love my Vans and he knows how much I love my daughter. Well, apparently Lydia loves her Vans too. This child who tears her clothes off at the drop of a hat and who cries when we dress her because she prefers to live life as nature intended, wanted her shoes ON last night. She wouldn't take no for an answer. She had me put them on and she'd clomp around and smile and laugh and sing. If one came off (cause they're still a little big on her) a scene worthy of grand opera would ensue and Mommy would have to run to replace the shoe on her foot. When the shoes finally came off because it was bedtime, she had to hold them for awhile before she'd finally settle down. I guess she's finally decided if ya gotta wear clothes...you might as well love them.

3 Comments:

Blogger My Baby Ain't White said...

Well, at least she didn't beg to sleep with them!! Although, one of our nieces refused to go to sleep one night if she couldn't cuddle with a pair of her favorite sneakers...maybe Liddy's just revving up for her shoe obsession later in life. What a great smile she has, Lissa. It must just make you break out into a big 'ol Cheshire cat grin every single time she flashes that gorgeous smile. She brightened my morning! Thanks for sharing.

~Karen

Friday, January 13, 2006 5:26:00 AM  
Blogger Jeff and Madeline said...

I LOVE LOVE LOVE her shoes!!! I had the same ones when I was young. I am a CA girl and had every color, type, shoelace vans made growing up!
My BIL wants a new pair of checkers and my sis says no way. I think I will buy them for him for his birthday!
Wendy

Friday, January 13, 2006 9:42:00 AM  
Blogger Lissa said...

There's a Vans Outlet store in Williamsburg?? Why wasn't I informed of this earlier!!?!!
:-)
Lis

Friday, January 13, 2006 10:21:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home