Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Forever





Today is our 6th month anniversary. For half a year we've been a family. For a third of her life she has been our daughter.

There are so many conflicting feelings about 6 months. It seems like it just happened yesterday and we're still just trying to figure it all out. It also seems like she's always been here and I can't really remember what life was like without her.

She is so different in so many ways, and yet she is still that same sweet little girl who likes to laugh and play and be entertained. I wonder if she remembers the two thirds of her life before mommy and daddy. Most of the triggers are now gone. Bells no longer cause hysterics, standing up doesn't mean your are leaving her behind. She no longer hesitates and wonders if we will love her. It's just a given. Mommy and Daddy love her and that is the way it is--she knows we are forever.

4 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Congratulations on your first six months as a family. I know how significant that feels!

I love the early picture. I'd nearly forgotten how cute she was back in her hairless days. Funny how we think they'll never have hair and then - WHAM! - there it is!

I hope she's feeling better today.

Donna

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:02:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

You guys are doing a wonderful job and it shows. She is a happy, healthy child. Congratulations on your 6th month anniversary.

Yoli

Tuesday, April 11, 2006 11:33:00 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Congratulations!!! She's a cutie and I love following her as she grows!!!

Wednesday, April 12, 2006 11:24:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really love the way you look at life Lissa. It does seem like just yesterday that I was following your journey to Lydia in China. She has grown so much (but you really need to stop shaving her bangs..hehe).
I feel the same way about Cady. It's as if we have always been a forever family. It all just fits so well.
When my son was born, I saw a new child in him every few months, but with Cady, it's every week. I think part of that is that she is coming out of her shell and part of it is that she is growing bolder and part is simply that she feels loved.

Thursday, April 13, 2006 4:54:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home