Thursday, June 01, 2006

Mommy aka "2 of 2"

So while my folks were here visiting we gave Lydia a pop quiz.
"Where is Daddy?" and Lydia pointed to Russell.
"Where is Grandpa?" and Lydia pointed to my dad.
"Where is Grandma?" and Lydia pointed to my mom.

One by one, we went around the room identifying it's occupants with precision accuracy. She's a smart cookie afterall.

Then finally...

"Where is Lydia?" and Lydia pointed to herself.
Beaming with pride because she knew who everyone was Russell leans over and says you forgot to ask "Where is Mommy?"

You know where our girl points? To BOTH me and her. I laugh and ask her over..."Where is Mommy?" and she repeats the gesture of pointing to both of us. And I realize...oh...she means it. She thinks WE are mommy!

I sorta knew for a second what it was like to be Borg!!

"We are the Mommy. We will add your biological and technological distinctiveness to our own. You will adapt to service us. Lower your shields and surrender. Resistance is futile."

3 Comments:

Blogger R&H said...

maybe she meant that you are HER mommy and only her mommy because you aren't Russell's mommy, or grandma's mommy, etc. What a smart girl!! :)

Friday, June 02, 2006 7:26:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lissa,
Funny thing...Cady calls herself Mama. In fact, she calls all females Mama, and all males Baba. We're convinced that is because she knows the difference between male and female, but must see me as Alpha Mama and Scott as Alpha Baba. We are now working on boy/girl, of which she almost has mastered, but not quite yet.

Saturday, June 03, 2006 7:06:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! This post cracked me up! Sydney is still so clingy that my husband jokes that she wants to merge with me... like a borg!

Heather
Mom to Sydney Shu
www.encinosafamily.com

Sunday, June 04, 2006 1:45:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home