Thursday, June 29, 2006

Up and running--sorta


We got the computer back up Monday...but honestly I've not written until now because I've been depressed.

My cat Samantha died on Tuesday. She was 10, and sick. She'd been sick since she was born. She's almost died a couple of times. When she was 3, the vet told us she wouldn't likely make it to 4. So I know I was lucky to have her as long as I did. But knowing that doesn't make the losing her any easier.

I miss her. Before there was Russell there was Samantha. He stole her side of the bed. She eventually forgave him that...but not until she'd tried to kill him a few times to make her point that she was unhappy with him.

If I'm lucky enough to go to Heaven, I know I'll see her again. She was a good girl and she will be missed.

9 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Lissa, I'm so sorry. I know Samantha is in Heaven right now and in really good company! She'll be happy to see again someday.

Donna

Thursday, June 29, 2006 4:14:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

I am sorry Lissa, I know what it is like to lose a beloved pet. I had a cat from the time I was 13 til I was 32. I still miss him. You gave her a good home, love and more years of life by your care. She lived a happy life.

Yoli

Thursday, June 29, 2006 9:18:00 PM  
Blogger Michelle said...

Oh, I'm sorry. Both our cat and our dog are thirteen and I know this day is coming and I dread it with all of my heart. So sorry.

Thursday, June 29, 2006 11:09:00 PM  
Blogger Stinky Mouse said...

Sorry about Samantha,
A good cat is beautiful thing.
Made me laugh though to hear about her trying to kill Russell. I've had a domestic cat try to kill me before, it's not a nice experience.

As you say, Life Goes On.
That's a beautiful picture of Lydia.

Friday, June 30, 2006 1:27:00 PM  
Blogger Jeff and Madeline said...

I'm so sorry. I lost my dog of nine plus years two weeks before leaving for China--6 weeks ago. My thoughts are with you--knowing your baby brings smiles through the tears as mine does.

Friday, June 30, 2006 11:24:00 PM  
Blogger Andie & Scott G. said...

Lissa,

I am so very sorry to hear about Samantha.

She had a strong will to live because she had a really good guardian family taking care of her.

Russell surely did love you to stick it out and didn't let Samantha chase him off. My husband has admitted to me that my chihuahua's rudeness nearly made him leave me a few times at the beginning. Scooter is now 11 years old and still treats Scott like he is a guest in the house.

Andie

Saturday, July 01, 2006 9:06:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lissa- We finally had to let Sabrina go too. I feel your sorrow.
Karen

Saturday, July 01, 2006 6:55:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am very sorry for your loss. I love my pups and so I understand the love you must have for your cat. I'm sure you will meet again.

Sunday, July 02, 2006 10:55:00 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Lissa...

I am very sorry about Samantha. I dread the day I have to go through this with one of my dogs. Someday I hope you get to make her purr all over again.

Monday, July 03, 2006 2:25:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home