Sunday, July 23, 2006

Movin' On Up!

But it's not to a deluxe apartment in the sky. It's to a toddler bed!

Lydia has outgrown her crib. One day less than a week ago I came into her room to get her up for the morning and found her trying to climb out. (And doing a good job at it, I may add.) So Russell and I had a "sit down" and after lots of crying on my part while I repeated over and over: "She's still just a baby. " and "We haven't even had her a year yet." we decided it was time to convert. Lydia has slept in the converted bed 2 nights now, and so far so good. We've added a security rail. (I insisted.) But otherwise it pretty much looks just like it did after daycare on Friday when Lydia gleefully romped on her new bed.


4 Comments:

Blogger Jeff and Madeline said...

Don't feel bad. I too cried when I had to take Madeline's crib apart and convert to a toddler bed--before we left for China since our TA took forever! I cried for the baby who never slept in it. Now I am just glad she does!!!! Love the photos!

Sunday, July 23, 2006 8:32:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Woohoo Toddler bed..ps. Lvoe the MOON and STARS!! Must be a sad moment, but a happy one too.

maav

Monday, July 24, 2006 3:57:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Good luck with that! Gwen climbed out of her crib last September and I spent 5 months of sleepless nights on the floor in her room before dropping the mattress to the floor and putting the crib back together. At age 24 months, she climbed out again and we put a "crib tent" on the crib to contain her for a while longer. Mommy is selfish and needs her sleep and needs her baby to stay in her crib!

I'll be watching to see how you're all doing with the new bed situation! :)

Donna

Tuesday, July 25, 2006 6:03:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

The photos are beautiful and though it is hard to come to terms that she is growing up, it is also very exciting.

Hugs,
Yoli

Wednesday, July 26, 2006 10:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home