Sunday, May 14, 2006

From Mommy-Near to Mommy-Far




Today is Mother's Day and sofar it's been just great. I've talked to my Mom and Russ has called his and I have received presents and enormous amounts love.

While I am happily being spoiled by those I love, I felt it was wrong to go through the day without remembering Lydia's Faraway Mommy. This woman, who I will likely never know, is a huge part of our lives and I felt it was appropriate and necessary to share with her a portion of this day. So here we are, balloons in hand with a picture of Lydia and a note from me attached. I know she will never get them...but one day, maybe Lydia will find her and get to meet her and hopefully Lydia will share with her the stories of going out every mother's day with Mommy-Near in order to honor Mommy-Far.

6 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Oh my gosh....that makes me cry, it's so sweet. I know Lydia will appreciate this ceremony.

Happy Mother's Day!

xoxo

Donna

Sunday, May 14, 2006 5:20:00 PM  
Blogger Lisa and Shane said...

What a beautiful idea Lissa. And I am sure Lydia will appreciate this as she grows.

Lisa

Sunday, May 14, 2006 10:25:00 PM  
Blogger Bonnie, Clyde, Bubba Jr. & Charleigh-Jo said...

I forget to tell you, because I think you already know... but


YOU ARE SO COOL!

B

Monday, May 15, 2006 10:20:00 AM  
Blogger Dani said...

Beautiful idea Lissa!

Monday, May 15, 2006 12:54:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

we think this was a wonderful idea...wow!! What an unselfish and caring thing to do.

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

I love the idea and it is a beautiful gesture that your daughter will treasure and love you for.

Yoli
Mom to Sally in Inner Mongolia

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:56:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home