Tuesday, October 11, 2005

My daughter was loved!

So much to talk about...I don't even know where to begin.

She's so wonderful...lets begin there! I can't stop looking at her. She looks good. Seems healthy...she has one small scar on her arm..looks like a typical boo boo that maybe got infected then scarred. Her head is flat. But I'm told that will get better as she grows. She's got a healthy appetite and a wonderful disposition
She's so sweet
Okay...stuff that happened today. We found out as we did the paperwork that she was left to be found near a dam where people worked. I don't remember all the details (they give us a big packet of that later) but she was found and taken to the police at that time. SHE WAS LEFT WITH A NOTE. We do not have a copy of it yet. We will not get the original, but we will get a copy and Lina (our coordinator) said she would translate it for me when we got it. I saw a picture of her when she was only 3-4 months old. I did not get to keep it, but I took a picture of the picture and I treasure it as it's likely the youngest picture we will ever see of our daughter. I got to speak to the orphange director. (I was the only one who got to speak directly to him.) He told me Lydia was, very gentle, very quiet, rarely fussed, loved to rock and dance, loved music and very bright colours, and loved to eat. She is a bit of a roly poly baby actually...very plump and many of the clothes I brought for her are too small. (I guess we go to Wal-mart tomorrow!) I asked him what her favourite things were and he said to hold things and to eat. We have found that if she doesn't have something in her hand at all times she gets very agitated so he was right on the mark with that one. He made us stay a little late too as he wanted to write Lydia a note. I have no idea what it says, but Lina said she would translate it later. He told me (through Lina) he loves Hua and if he could of, he would of adopted her himself...he also said he would carry her everywhere with him and that she loved to be held. That touched me. It made me feel so happy for her...that she was loved. He said he would miss her, but he was happy for her too. He knew she needed a momma and a pappa. We will send him pictures of her as she grows...I think I need to do that for him...for her too. In case she ever wants to contact him. My daughter was loved. My daughter is loved.

2 Comments:

Blogger LindaJ said...

Oh my gosh... I'm so excited for you guys. Your entry has given me goose bumps!!!
She is sooooooo cute.
See you on the message board when you get back. I also wanna hear all about Nanning. That's where we will be going to get our Lila.
LindaJ
Braydon8lila2

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 5:37:00 PM  
Blogger Sparky said...

Lissa,
I know I have said this to you before but it needs to be said again...you are an amazing mom. That post made me cry happy tears for Lydia. I am sending good wishes to you, Russell and of course Lydia.

Donna

Tuesday, October 11, 2005 8:31:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home