Tuesday, December 13, 2005

My child won't be on Jerry Springer afterall!

Do you ever get those...those moments in life where you realize you aren't such a horrible person as you thought you were? I had one of those moments today with Lydia. I dropped her off at daycare, and usually it's a big dramatic moment mixed with tears (hers) and kisses (mine) as I assure her either DaDa or Mamama will be there to get her soon...and she wails disbelievingly. They tell me she's over it fairly quickly...but it's our routine and I'm used to it--I carry the guilt quite well. Today instead of tears I kiss her over and over and tell her I will pick her up soon. And she looks at me and smiles and waves. Smiles and waves!! No tears, not even a determined stoic look of "somehow I'll muddle though Mamama". Just a sweet smile and a gentle proud little wave bye bye. I was so excited...she's at day care and she likes it and she still loves me...(with a vengence I might add)...and there will be no future guest spots on Jerry Springer and there will be no major psychological counselling...just a Christmas party on Thursday and lots of smiling and waving. Maybe, just maybe I'm not gonna totally screw this child up!! Now won't that be amazing?

1 Comments:

Blogger Bonnie, Clyde, Bubba Jr. & Charleigh-Jo said...

That's great news! She's making great progress!

Keep watchin' J.S. though... I'm not sure we're out of the woods yet!

B

Tuesday, December 13, 2005 4:00:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home