Thursday, December 08, 2005

And a little frog shall guide you on your way...


As Lydia teeths and I try to soothe her I often sing her the song Rainbow Connection. She used to hearing it now...it's a song I sing to her alot. When I sing it, she actually stops and listens now...trying to understand the words I presume. She recognizes it from my having sung it to her in China and on the long plane ride home and countless other times when she was upset or needed cheering. I learned the song purposefully for Lydia as while I waited and waited and waited for her to come it became my theme song about our adoption. Lines like "What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?" and "I've heard it too many times to ignore it.It's something that I'm supposed to be." and of course the famous "Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection, the lovers, the dreamers and me." kept me going sometimes when I was down and needed a reminder that someday I would find my rainbow connection. I have...it's out there everybody who's still waiting for their rainbow. I promise. Just have faith in the frog!


For those of you who need a little reminder today here's Rainbow Connection.
Why are there so many songs about rainbows
And what's on the other side?
Rainbows are visions, but only illusions,
And rainbows have nothing to hide.
So we've been told and some choose to believe it
I know they're wrong, wait and see.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
The lovers, the dreamers and me.

Who said that every wish would be heard and answered
when wished on the morning star?
Somebody thought of that
and someone believed it,
and look what it's done so far.
What's so amazing that keeps us stargazing?
And what do we think we might see?
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me.

All of us under its spell,
we know that it's probably magic....

Have you been half asleep
and have you heard voices?
I've heard them calling my name.
Is this the sweet sound that calls the young sailors?
The voice might be one and the same.
I've heard it too many times to ignore it.
It's something that I'm supposed to be.
Someday we'll find it, the rainbow connection,
the lovers, the dreamers and me.
La, la la, La, la la la, La Laa, la la, La, La la laaaaaaa

1 Comments:

Blogger Yoli said...

Thank you for posting it Lissa, I have been feeling down (the longer wait the uncertanty of ever getting our child) and I needed something to pick me up. It does and I am here with my Kleenex singing the rainbow song.

Yoli

Friday, December 09, 2005 12:47:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home