Sunday, February 12, 2006

My greatest love meets my first love

Lydia saw her first play today. At 16 months I didn't think she'd make it through more than a few minutes...but I was wrong. She made it through the whole play. She was really frightened of backstage. It spooked her bad. The costumes and the sets confused her...but the play itself mesmerized her. She loved the colours and pointed at all the changes in scenes and babbled to me excitedly as she watched. And I was so happy. Hopefully one day backstage won't scare her so much and she'll ba able to enjoy that more...but for now being in the audience is enough. Seeing her was magic to my soul.
Lydia on the set of Wiley and the Hairy Man with Mama and Daddy.


The future director helping mommy direct one of the actors.


In the dressing room with daddy.


Waiting for the tech hold to end so we can see the show!


A scene from Wiley and the Hairy Man.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lissa said...

Lydia wears her Vans often it's true...but she wore a dress that day. And obsessed as I am with my Vans, even I don't wear my Vans with a dress on...so I figured she's wear her matching purple "Mary Janes" with her purple cord dress.

Monday, February 13, 2006 5:44:00 AM  
Blogger Yoli said...

Lovely pictures of you and Liddy and a very lovely set too! Thanks for sharing, theatre is also my first love.

Yoli

Tuesday, February 14, 2006 6:04:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home