Sunday, February 05, 2006

Reminders


Lydia has been sick and in my arms almost constantly for the last 4 days. And honestly, I've been feeling the strain. Constant non-stop Lydia is a whole lot to deal with. SO when it became apparent we were out of just about everything Russell offered to stay with baby so I could got to the store and get a Lydia break. Very relieved to have an hour to myself (even if it was at the grocery store) I took him up on it greedily! While I was out, Lydia got her ball trapped behind the TV. She was already upset about being sick...and even more upset because her main source of comfort (me) wasn't at home with her. She got frustrated fast and began to wail. Russell (uncharacteristically) did not snap directly into "fix it" action to help her out, but instead snapped this picture. When I asked why, he told me he wasn't sure. But then I looked carefully at the picture and I knew why. Behind Lydia in the television is a beautiful Asian woman who looks like she is about to kiss her head and comfort her as she cries. And this image made me think about her far away mommy and how much she misses her baby. And I felt a little ashamed. It reminded me how lucky I am to have her in my life. And I hope Lydia always knows, no matter what happens, she is always in her mama's heart. Both of ours.

5 Comments:

Blogger Susan said...

I love the picture. The end of your post gave me goosebumps.


Susan

Monday, February 06, 2006 6:35:00 AM  
Blogger Kim said...

Beautiful post, Lissa.

Kim

Monday, February 06, 2006 12:49:00 PM  
Blogger Donna said...

Great photo...kind of gives me chills. I love your sentiment about Lydia being in both of your hearts.

Monday, February 06, 2006 1:16:00 PM  
Blogger Redheaded Chick said...

Wow...that's pretty amazing! I hope Lydia feels better very soon!

Monday, February 06, 2006 2:22:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

What a great picture. I saw that too when I pulled up your blog. Very cool to have been able to capture that image. Hope you got home soon enough to calm those tears.

Yoli

Tuesday, February 07, 2006 3:09:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home