Friday, January 27, 2006

Trust Issues


I've been in rehearsals for the last two weeks, so Russell is spending a lot more alone time with Lydia than ever before...and I've noticing some changes which are concerning me.

First off...we have a lot of remote controls in our house. We are media hounds hubby and I and everything has a remote. But I've noticed when I come home the remotes are not where they are suppossed to be. They are in the hallway, in the dining room, in the kitchen and in the baby's room. None of these rooms have a DVD player, a VCR or a TV. It makes me wonder...

Secondly...I've noticed my daughter is going through socks a lot faster than usual. She takes her socks off all over the house...I'm used to a tiny pair of socks lying around the house...but 3 pairs??? What's going on??

Lastly...My baby has begun to speak words in Klingon. She screams Qapla (Prounced Kah-plah)which means success, almost constantly now. (I am NOT going to share with you how I know some Klingon...I know this is a public blog, but some things MUST remain private!)

My theory...wild Star Trek parties with multi footed Klingon children watching old episodes of science fiction television in every room of the house are going on behind my back!!

Or am I just being paranoid?

3 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

You crack me up! But the picture at the top of this post scared the heck out of me!

We have to keep our remotes up on the mantel. Hardly functional since we have to get up and walk across the room to use the remote! But it's better than trying to search for them!

Socks? I don't get it. She'll keep her shoes on but if she's shoeless, the socks must go too! Then the cat carries them all over the house like they're her kittens.

:)

Donna

PS: I swear, sometimes I think Gwen is speaking more German than English! Maybe she's sneaking in episodes of Hogan's Heros between Doodlebops?

Friday, January 27, 2006 11:20:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Whoa....that photo scared the heck out of me when your blog first popped up!!! What a hilarious post! If she's speaking Klingon, I think you need to de-program her. ;)

Donna :)

Saturday, January 28, 2006 12:04:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

She makes a very beautiful Klingon. I am sure you are able to interpret anything she says.

Love the post, very witty Lissa!

Yoli

Saturday, January 28, 2006 9:55:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home