Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Missing my favourite time of day

A post-shower/pre-bed snuggle with my girl.
Night Mom! I'm off to bed!!

I am a theatre professor. I love my job, but what it means is that when I am directing, since I "profess" during the day, I direct at night. That means little to no Lydia time and it's KILLING me. Yes, I see her every morning. We get up, snuggle, have breakfast, dance to the doodlebops, get dressed and go to work/daycare. But that's only an hour. If I don't have any meetings I can pick her up between 3 and 4 and be with her until 6:30...which is another 2-3 hours. Which, okay...that's NOT no time...but it sure is a whole heck of a lot less time than I'm used to. What I miss most though is bedtime. I like taking my shower then giving her a bath and rubbing her with lotion and then doing story time. I like the holding and the snuggling and then the waving as I say night night as Daddy takes her off for her final bottle and off to the land of Nod. I miss it alot. It's Jan. 25 now, the show goes up Feb. 14...(sigh)...I can already tell, it's gonna be a LOOOOOOOOOOONG 3 weeks!

1 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

Work just gets in the way of everything, doesn't it! I'm so dreading the child care thing.

Bed time with Lydia does look great...the look on her face in the first photo is just adorable. I can see how much she is enjoying her pre-bed snuggle.

Hang in there Lissa...there will be many bed times to come!

Donna :)

Tuesday, January 24, 2006 11:11:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home