Sunday, May 14, 2006

Biggest Wanter Ever Born

I want, I ache, I aspire, I covet, I crave, I desiderate, I fancy, I hanker, I hunger, I incline toward, I itch for, I lech over, I long, I lust, I pine, I thirst, I wish, I yearn, I yen.

I like THINGS.

My dad told me many times I was born with an enlarged want gland. For awhile in my youth, I thought there really was a want gland, sorta like a sweat gland, but not as stinky. I grew to learn he was pulling my leg...but it still didn't make me want things any less.

That being said, this Mother's Day when hubby asked me what I wanted I had no answer for him. I have everything I want. (Well, besides the 87 million dollars...but I think even that's a bit much for me to ask for this year anyway.)So I told him I didn't really want anything.

Now hubby isn't a good shopper. He hates it. I am the shopper. So casting him adrift in a sea of merchandise with the task of getting me a mother's day present was kinda cruel...cause while I like things...I also don't like just anything.

But hubby did a great job this year. He met the challenge and conquered it. And I love my gifts.

My Gifts

Here are the flowers he got me. White lilies (my favourite) with purple and pink flowers. (Purple is my favourite colour.)

-and-


These twin pendants celebrate one of the most cherished bonds of all—that of a mother and daughter. The top pendant is mother-of-pearl and hand-carved with the Chinese characters for mother and daughter. Underneath, the English translation is etched in sterling silver.

3 Comments:

Blogger Andie & Scott G. said...

Good choices, Russell! The flowers are beautiful and the necklace is a unique gift.

Monday, May 15, 2006 7:28:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

what a beautiful gift - flowers and necklace/pendant. wow!

Tuesday, May 16, 2006 8:20:00 PM  
Blogger Yoli said...

I love the Casablanca lillies and that pendant is absolutely gorgeous. The man knows how to shop.

Yoli

Wednesday, May 17, 2006 5:52:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home