Wednesday, October 12, 2005

I don't just smile, I laugh!



Today we officially became a family. We were sworn in and given our official paperwork and now...like it or not...there's no turning back. She's stuck with us! Lydia took to me very quickly. She likes Russell and doesn't get freaked out by him, but when upset or in need...it's me she'll cry for. Russell is dealing with that really well. I probably would not have dealt with it as well--so I admire him. What it means though is one weary mommy whenever we do outings! No complaints though. I actually feel guilty about it a lot of the time as I feel like I'm "hogging" our child.
She's absolutely lovely...such an angel. She is very very good...and only cries if she thinks you are leaving her alone...or if you lie her down. I think being layed down brings back traumatic memories for her. Or maybe she's just like a lot of other babies and diaper changes just make her mad. I'm beginning to learn her though and I've been the recipient of 3 lovely baby kisses. And that makes me smile and my heart laugh!

2 Comments:

Blogger Donna said...

She is absolutely beautiful! I am so glad to see you all finally together.

Donna :)
aka HopefulGal on MSN

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 10:10:00 AM  
Blogger Donna said...

Lisa, she's such a little cutiepie! I love her laughing smile!

Gwen liked me best in China too. But now that we're home, Daddy's status has greatly improved. Mommy needs a break sometimes! I hope this is also the case with Lydia -- I bet it will be! :)

Wednesday, October 12, 2005 11:18:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home