Thursday, October 13, 2005

On our way to Guilin

Well everybody, we are leaving Nanning and I have to admit, I'm pretty sad about it. This is a magical place. Yes, there is a lot of construction and dirt. Yes, there is a lot of poverty. But this place has a pride and a majesty to it that I will sorely miss. On the bright side, next is Guilin. The place considered to be the most beautiful on the planet. So no complaints. I wanted to let everyone know I'm not sure what internet access will be like in Guilin. I will blog while there...just not sure I'll be able to post again until Guangzhou. I imagine I will be able to...so keep looking. But if I don't then it's because we couldn't get internet. The trip by bus to Guilin will be a long one. 5 hours. A shorter bus ride for our babies than their trip from Desheng to Nanning, but I'm sure it will still be a hard one on them. They do take a lot of comfort from being together though...so that may make it easier on them. Interesting side note here...at the park yesterday, there were many school children who had gone to see a program. As they were leaving they were lined up with all the girls in the front of the line and all the boys in the back. First to note...there was twice the number of boys to girls. Second to note, Lydia LOVED the girls. She would laugh and smile and clap her hands at them...but the boys she just stared at...the same stare she gave me when I first met her. It's not frightened. (I don't think Lydia gets frightened easily.) It's more like cautious curiosity. I'm pretty sure boys are a thing Lydia had ever really experienced before. If her father has his way...they are something she won't experience again until she's at least 35. :-)

2 Comments:

Blogger Riotgrrl147 said...

Lissa-
I am so wonderfully happy for you! She is absolutly amazing and you must be so proud! We all miss you very much and hope for your safe return. The kitties are anxious to meet the newest member of the family and think miss you too. But I try to keep them comany and they are all begining to come around more. Samatha and I are old friends now. I can't wait to see you and the beautiful little girl you are bring home!
Danielle

Thursday, October 13, 2005 2:27:00 PM  
Blogger OziMum said...

he,he, he! Love the last comment! Sounds like you guys are havin a ball with Lydia! Take it easy - have a safe trip! Cheers Lee-Anne

Friday, October 14, 2005 1:37:00 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home